Anna University will be conducting the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) every year. It is a state level management entrance test held in the state of Tamil Nadu. Based on the TANCET score, eligible candidates are offered admissions into various MBA courses at private and public colleges/universities. For TANCET MBA, the authority has released official notification 1st week of April every year. TANCET will be held in last week of May. The candidates can apply for the examination in online as well as offline mode.
General Facts of TANCET MBA
- Name of the exam – Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test 2016
- Commonly called as – TANCET MBA
- Conducting institute – Anna University
- Exam mode – Offline
- Exam type – State level
- Exam level – Postgraduate
TANCET MBA 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates before applying for the test must ensure that the following eligibility criteria are met by them.
- The candidate must possess a recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration passed an aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- 10+2+3 years pattern
- 10+3 years Diploma +3 years’ pattern
- (i) 10+2+AMIE* or 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
- The candidates with degree obtained without studying 10th, 12th Std. or 3 years degree programme are not eligible.
TANCET MBA Application Fee
The candidates interested in applying for the test will have to pay an application fee of Rs. 500 (Rs. 250 for SC/SCA/ST candidates) to complete the application process. Fee can be paid in cash or DD drawn in favor of ‘The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University,’ payable at Chennai, obtained from any Nationalised Bank.
TANCET (MBA) Paper has 100 objective type questions. Each question is followed by five answer choices.
Broadly, TANCET(MBA) Paper consists of the following areas:
- Analysis of Business Situations
- Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Ability
- Data Sufficiency
- English Usage.
The 100 objective type questions are to be answered in 2 hours.